Monday, December 14, 2009

In preparing my unit plan for the final project, I've been doing a lot of research to find resources both that I could use to prepare information to teach to my class, as well as for resources that my students could use to learn about the Middle East on their own.

One website I came across while searching for lesson ideas particularly stood out to me because it includes resources for what seemed like EVERYTHING-- including history, culture, society, religion, economics, maps, politics, news and media, and specific regional resources. Within each category, there are also many sub-categories that I found especially fitting to the things we have discussed throughout our class, such as women in different countries/cultures, literature of different cultures, conflicts amongst the Middle Eastern countries, history and changes of the region, and more.

As someone who, even after almost four months of studying the Middle East and Post-Colonialism, still feels like there is SO much out there for me to learn before I'd be able to *confidently* teach these subjects in my own classroom, I found this website to be extremely helpful. It is easy to follow, and provides a plethora of reliable resources to help educate on the Middle East in its entirety!

So, all that being said, here's the link!: History in the News: The Middle East

3 comments:

  1. I found this link, too. I think it could be very useful for teachers and for anyone interested in learning more about the goings-on outside the U.S. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool website; thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete